Job: Shipping Coordinator
||Columbus, OH Opportunities
Supply Chain Manager – Directly
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible to ship on time all requirements defined / planned by Customer Service and/or Master Planner; is responsible also to meet Customer shipping standards and requirements. This is a 2nd Shift (2:00 pm – 10:00 pm) position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records of outgoing shipments.
- Review Core open order and inventory reports to identify if product is available for the required ship date.
- Prepare required shipping documents including but not limited to bills of lading and customs invoices.
- Send advanced shipment notices to customers after completion of shipments (when system
- Follow customer routing instructions.
- Coordinate aftermarket activities
- Route aftermarket orders based on available inventory
- Schedule trucks utilizing third party customer logistics systems
- Provide load sheets to material handler for staging of product and enforce load sheet compliance.
- Maintain constant communication with Master Planners for delivery of required product and ship planning purposes.
- Schedule outgoing transportation.
- Amend ship schedules as required.
- Assure that the shipping area inventory is accurate and is modified on a timely basis if an error is identified.
- Assure that loaders are following defined processes, monitor productivity, and provide constructive feedback.
- Provide feedback to Master Planners and Customer Service as to shipping status, inventory questions or planned shipments.
- Participate in weekly cycle counts of inventory as well as quarterly plant inventories.
- Record all traffic entering and exiting the property.
- As assigned by Supply Chain Manager
- Meet established goal of minimum 95% on time shipment
- Meet established goal of no more than $10K of past dues at month end.
- Participate in shipping/receiving cleanliness and maintenance.
- Modify/streamline processes to advance performance and efficiency.
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills
- Detailed oriented, ability to prioritize assignments, and multi-task
- Familiarity with known standard computer industry packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, second shift position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. This position regularly requires overtime both daily and on weekends.
This job listing was created using Job Manager for WordPress, by Tom Townsend.