Job: Materials Supervisor
||Columbus, OH Opportunities
Position Purpose and Requirements
Oversees activities related to the purchase of material, material control, and inventory control. Is the backup for shipping/receiving and stores functions. Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems. Ensures materials are ordered and in stock to meet company requirements, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels. Coordinates with the material scheduler and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering. Reviews and plans requirements for purchasing materials. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Materials Supervisor will support the Shipping Supervisors, Material Handlers, and Material Transfer Drivers by providing guidance and tools they need in order to be safe and productive.
- Demonstrate a Safety First culture
- COMPUTER SKILLS – Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel spreadsheets, and reporting tools. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, ERP software, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS – Critical thinking capability, ability to compare, contrast and quantify, and keen attention to detail, with a strong sense of urgency. Can interpret and present numerical data orally and in writing
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with operations managers, supervisors and team leaders when shortages or issues occur.
- Administers the accurate recording of inventory transactions by associates as well as creation of documents related to receipts and shipments.
- Develops secondary leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of crewmembers in the Supervisor’s absence.
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the mission in a safe, effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
- Directs the Material Transfer Drivers
- Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
- Oversees the rotation and documentation of inventories maintaining accuracy and FIFO (First In, First Out) in on- and off-site warehouse storage areas.
- Measures and reports indicators of department accuracy and efficiency. Proposes continuous improvement initiatives.
- Teaching and enforcement of company policy including Quality System requirements.
- Participation in the facility safety assurance team. Lead investigation and resolution of receipt and shipment errors driving to 100% accuracy.
- Direct and coordinate with facility leaders plant annual physical inventory as required
- Develop, manage and enforce storage location, warehouse organization and inventory control procedures.
- Achieve operating inventory targets, including managing aged, surplus and non-productive inventories.
- Work with production management and sales to analyze and evaluate requests for additional demand and changed to scheduled production.
- Builds appropriate relationships, effective working in a Union environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily business requirements
- Action oriented with sense of urgency
- Firm understanding of manufacturing processes
- Deals constructively with conflict
- Positive attitude
- Takes initiative, embraces challenge/change
- Willing to change everything except basic values
- Projects self-confidence, communicates effectively at all levels
- Coach, train and lead new processes
- Recognize and build on successes
- Associates degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business Management
- Walking 6- 8 miles a day.
- 5 years of progressive supervisory experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills with a customer-focused attitude.
- Previous experience with an ERP system required.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively across all levels and cultures.
This job listing was created using Job Manager for WordPress, by Tom Townsend.