The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the Core Molding Technologies. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
IT Application Systems
- Manage the advancement of the Company’s utilization of ERP applications
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Lead organization’s identification and use of applications to drive operational efficiency through use of reliable timely data
- Evaluate and implement business intelligence tool to be utilized by the organization
- Lead evaluation on use of licensed software vs. software as a service solutions.
- Oversee infrastructure team with the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT hardware systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, and peripherals
- Oversee supervision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Oversee IT hardware risk management program including, offsite data processing, security, data back-up, multi-site stability, etc.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Coach and develop IT staff with a focus on short-term and long-term succession planning
- Maintain customer service focus function. Identify potential solutions to improve customer satisfaction.
- Drive innovated solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT function.
- Work with IT team to develop cost benefit (ROI) analysis of potential changes and improvements to justify the needed expenditures.
- Assist of acquisition opportunities. Perform due diligence to determine potential synergies or additional costs resulting from the acquisition.
- Lead the IT integration of acquired entities.
- Develop and maintain department budget.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or business and 10 years related work experience with a heavy focus on application evaluation and implementation.
Knowledge & Experience
- History of identifying and implementing application solutions
- Lead implementation of new ERP system
- CMS ERP experience a plus
- EDI processing
- MSSQL Server
- Background and solid understanding of hardware infrastructure:
- Technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 10, Server 2016 , Server 2012 R2, and OMS 400.
- Technical knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing/Voice, BGP, and standards, including the 568B wiring standard
- Application support experience with Hyper-V / VMWare, Active Directory, MS SQL Server 2008R2, Juniper SRX platform and Juniper Space.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability 24/7/365.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection/termination of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Travel to plant locations (20%)