The Manufacturing Engineer will plan, direct, coordinate and implement manufacturing processes, work cell layouts in regards to New Model (pre-production) and product development. The Manufacturing Engineer will develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, packaging, fabrication processes and production equipment capabilities, molding and assembly methods and quality control standards.
The Manufacturing Engineer will analyze and plan work force utilization and manning requirements, workflow design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency in CAD software. They work closely with equipment vendors to support all required outside activities. Estimate production times and targets, manufacturing capabilities, operating efficiencies, miscellaneous packaging concepts, etc. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and formulate continuous improvement strategies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain molding process parameters to ensure the highest quality parts are manufactured
- Control quality process on the assembly and molding production area
- Analyze and improve internal and external defects
- Work with cross functional teams including engineering, quality, purchasing and operations in support of current and new programs
- Develop, write and maintain process specific documentation including control plans, PFMEA’s, work instructions, PM plans and process sheets
- Analyze operations to set standard working time and identify capacity improvements
- Perform cycle time assessments to balance line
- Coordinate with engineering/maintenance to develop preventative maintenance plans for equipment to address processing issues
- Participate in development of standard work and optimization of raw material and finished goods flow in the work cell
- Participate with Supervision on meeting work-cell metrics. SQDC
- Make and improve assembly tools, fixtures, machines and automation.
- Work with external vendors and companies to define, select, deliver, and qualify new solutions for the assembly area using industry best practices
- Train and mentor manufacturing technicians
Business Acumen, Communication, Consultation, Critical Evaluation, Global & Cultural Awareness, Engineering process knowledge, Leadership & Navigation., Relationship Management, Ethical Practice.
This position does not Supervise employees.
This job operates in a professional manufacturing office and shop floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or scientific discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in automotive supplier environment QS/ISO systems
- Track record of leading and implementing continuous improvements, scrap reduction and cost-out initiatives in a manufacturing facility
- PPAP and APQP process requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Union experience
- Ability to work well with all cultures
Preferred Education, Qualifications and Experience
A master’s degree in business management, supply chain or operations management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.