Summary: The Tooling Engineer is responsible for the research, design, development, build, validation, and implementation of molds for new and existing product manufacturing and production processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support CPI molding programs by managing the design, fabrication, validation and repair and maintenance of program tooling through the coordination of any outside vendors or internal resources
- Develop and manage the production tooling standards as needed
- Develop and rate tooling suppliers for quality, delivery, competitive pricing and location
- Developing preventative maintenance programs, advising on spare parts inventory, and coordinating the repair and servicing of tooling
- Member of the APQP team (cross functional group that addresses any quality or manufacturing concerns/needs before production starts) with responsibilities including managing suppliers for the design, manufacture and validation of molds for new programs
- Ensure necessary documentation is updated for ongoing engineering changes related to tooling.
- Continuous Improvement of existing molding programs to increase profitability, reduce scrap, reduce waste, and downtime reduction
- Work with internal and external resources to resolve product or production issues
- Lead or assist in corrective or preventive action root cause analysis, implementation and verification
- Other additional miscellaneous duties
- All other duties as directed by supervisor
Organizational Performance Competencies:
- Customer Commitment – Focus efforts on exceeding internal and external customer expectations and improving customer satisfaction. Respond quickly and take appropriate action to identify and exceed customer needs.
- Team & Collaboration – Dedication to building collaborative relationships throughout the organization. Seeks and supports ideas for improvement. Willingly share information about ideas and works cooperatively to resolve issues or concerns.
- Commitment to Quality & Continuous Improvement – Seek to improve processes and quality, making recommendations as appropriate. Monitor own work. Seek and accept constructive feedback to ensure accuracy.
- Integrity, Accountability, Dependability – Uphold company core values and support ethical and responsible behavior. Follow through on commitments. Is reliable and meet attendance standards.
- Initiative – Exercise sound independent judgment within established limits of authority. Self-directed and requires minimal supervision.
- Planning & Organizing Work – Ability to optimize time and resources to achieve expected results. Effectively prioritize and organize work to fully contribute to team efforts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree in related area or demonstration of equivalent experience and skill. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience in plastics process manufacturing environment
- Extensive computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to develop project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to collect research data, using intuition and experience to analyze data
- Ability to lead a team and use problem solving techniques
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to communicate complex information to external customers, vendors, management, and team members.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS